Monday, December 29, 2008

Sewing day




We had a girls sewing day today.



Sewing is becoming such a lost art, that I relish any opportunity to pass those skills on. This is my niece, Rachel with the coaster she made for her very first project. She also made the tote bag. For her first day sewing, she did a great job and I am very proud of her!











Jacki came and sewed also. She is mending a tote bag here. The machine she is sewing on is a Singer Featherweight and was her great-grandmothers. When she got done with her sewing , she finished the scarf she was knitting, using Alpaca yarn.


I didn't get a lot of sewing done that day, but these are some projects I finished recently. The snowflakes are machine embroidered,and I made 19 of them. Everyone that was here on Christmas day got one.

5 comments:

Jacki said...

The tote bag looks great!! Glad to see you posting again, mom!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back to blogging. Love your snowflakes and always enjoy seeing what you've done either sewing or craftwise.

It's Always Something Around Here said...

Oh this makes me want to drag out my machine. I would love to make a tote bag for myself.

Lou Ann

Vicki said...

I LOVE those snowflakes. How long does it take you to make one? Do you go by a pattern or do you know how to do all those different kind?

I've got a blog now and keep saying I am going to write a couple of times a week. But, I haven't done that lately because of being so busy and my whole family being home. I'll be coming back around to see your's :-).

Vicky said...

The snowflakes are done on my embroidery machine. There are computerized designs that tell the machine where to stitch. It takes about 45 minutes to stitch each one.