Sunday, September 12, 2010


On our way to Acaida National Park, we stopped at a roadstand and got these lobsters. I spent about $20 for the two of them. Then I realized that I had no clue how to cook them, so on the drive, I was looking up info on Steve's iphone. Thanks goodness for the internet!



We didn't have a huge pot, so I had to cook them one at a time. I'm happy to report they were delicious!




Acadia is known at the crown jewel of Maine. Most of the land was originally owned by the Rockefeller family, and they were insturmental in the formation of the national park, and donated much of the land. There are still small private holdings within the park, and those are slowly being purchased as land and funds are available.


Ship's Harbor. We went to "tide pool school" here.
These lobster boats were everywhere!


Overlooking Sand beach. This is the only beach in the park that is sandy and beach like, as we think of it. The water was cold, about 55 degrees, but people were still playing in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmm...lobster! I can't believe the price. I'd be eating lobster three times a day!