Thursday, August 23, 2007

Quilting projects

These are some quilts I made while I was a member of a group at church that made quilts for Hospice and other charity groups. The quilt group has since folded, but I have continued making quilts. These are all lap size, about 50" x 50".

This quilt was made from some fabric my friend Kathy gave me. She used the flamingo fabric for dresses for her girls when they were young. It is backed with pink fleece, which makes it very soft and warm.


This is a simple 4-patch using pink and purple fabrics. The backing is flannel, and has the pink breast cancer ribbon on it.


This is a "string quilt" which uses lots of small bits and strings of fabric that aren't much use in anything else. It was fun to see the huge box of scraps that I have actually getting smaller!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh....flamingoes!!!!

The quilts are very pretty.

Lynn said...

Nice job Vicky. I love those quilts. Where is the one you made for you SIL?