Friday, August 10, 2007

Sewing projects

I took a bunch of pictures of recently completed projects last night. These were worked on over a period of several weeks, and were not all completed at the same time. I have been sewing since I was a young child (thanks, Mom, for teaching me!), but got away from it for a while. I bought a new Viking sewing machine last year, and enjoy sewing so much more now!



This is a skirt/top that I made to wear to my nephew's wedding this weekend. The top is a wrap style, but close fitting enough that it doesn't gap open ( a common problem with wrap style clothing). The skirt is just a plain straight skirt. I'll wear silver jewerly and shoes with it. I originally bought this fabric to make a dress to wear to my daughter Jacki's wedding two years ago, and ended up buying a dress for it. I did make all 5 bridesmaid's dresses, and a lot of other things for their wedding, and ran out of time to do my own. I love the dress I bought for her wedding, and it went well with her colors so all was fine. It was a good feeling to make use of fabric I already had for this dress.


.I made this skirt last spring, and had been looking for some coordinating fabric to make a blouse to wear with it. I really didn't want tan, because I thought that would wash me out. I finally found this deep garnet red silky fabric. The skirt fabric is a linen/poly blend and the flowers are embroidered, not printed on. I love the scalloped hem!This top was a trial run to see if I liked it, before I made one out of expensive fabric. I do like it, but it is more bare than I usually wear, so I don't know........The fabric is a very thin cotton, with some embroidery and sequins on it. It came from Wal-mart, and was very cheap, so I don't know how it will hold up, but it will serve its purpose as a trial garment.This is a table runner that I made after falling in love with the floral fabric at my local quilt shop. I used some of my fancy maching stitches to do the quilting.Clermont Sewing - Classes

2 comments:

Lynn said...

You are one talented lady, Vicky!!

Jacki said...

Let's see pictures from the wedding so we can see how the dress looked on you!