Sunday, September 7, 2014

She's here!

Our day began as we drove off the Cape at 6 am. It was so difficult to leave this precious family ! We drove all day, thru New York City and Washington DC. Driving thru NYC was not nearly as bad as I expected. We finally stopped south of Richmond , VA, ate dinner and called it a night.
About 8 pm we got a text from David saying, it's go time! Headed to the hospital .
Lydia Elizabeth was born at 10:55, 8 lbs 15 oz and perfect! Although we were disappointed to miss the birth, we are thankful that things happen in God's perfect timing.
She was born on my mom's 76th birthday, and her name was chosen in part to honor my mom.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you make Lydia's hats. Such sweet pictures.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how hard that decision was to make to come home, but it was the right one, to help your husband get home and you knew the Howells would take over for a few days. I know Susan was delighted to be there for Lydia's birth and you will be back there soon. I love the beautiful photos of such a precious family. Love Mom

Vicky said...

Dee , yes I made Lydia's hat. I also made the big brother/sister outfits that Sarah and Josiah are wearing