Thursday, January 14, 2016

Next step on the journey

Tomorrow , Friday, I will begin the next step on the road to a cure. Chemo is scheduled to begin at 9:30 and will probably take most of the day. The oncologist ordered 3 different nausea medications and I plan to take them as directed. I sure don't want to feel sick!
Am I nervous?  Yes, a little bit, but more than that I am impatient to start this process so I can be finished. Most people have told me that it wasn't as bad as they expected. I will lose my hair in about 10 days, so I am getting it cut short in the next day or two. I already have a wig, which looks remarkably like my real hair.
I am thankful for modern medicine, which means I have the drugs at my disposal to fight this disease, and a method of early detection, to catch the cancer before it spreads.
I am thankful for the support of family and friends. Everyone, even relative strangers, have been so supportive and helpful. I know that I am on the prayer list at at least 8 churches, and I'll take all the prayers anyone wants to offer!
I am thankful that we have good insurance coverage, in spite of the fact that I really don't like dealing with them.  Several of the drugs that I'll be taking are not approved in countries with socialized medicine because they are too expensive. If you want them, you pay yourself.
I will update this as I am able, and in the meantime, I welcome prayers, calls, and texts. Visits too if you are local, but please call first in case it's not a good day.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

(((((((Vicky))))))) Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Victoria said...

(((((((Vicky))))))) Thoughts and prayers are with you.