Friday, June 22, 2018

Ringing the bell!

Apparently I had good intentions, but never actually finished this post.  Its now almost 2 years later, and I am doing well.  I've had several checkups, and all went well.  I am so thankful! I decided to go ahead and publish this post anyway, to keep some continuity.

Well, it's been a while. Chemo does have a way of sidelining a person!  But the good news is, I'm done!   I finished chemo on June 28, and my granddaughter Anna Caroline, was born that same day. Although I tolerated chemo well, it was very difficult and I hope I don't have to go through that ever again! My hair is growing back and is about 2" long. After a lengthy battle with the insurance company, I was approved to receive Proton Therapy at Provision in Knoxville TN, and have been doing that for the past 6 weeks. Today I finished!  The only side effects from this treatment is some skin burning ( like a sunburn) and some tiredness. I do still have to receive Herceptin every three weeks until next March, and there is a pill I will be starting soon, but I definitely feel like I at the end of a very long journey.

No comments: